We have 75 days remaining until the November 8 election! A great way to get Oliver’s name in front of voters is to get YOUR name in print, like Dr. Aaron Askew in today’s edition of the Bend Bulletin.
Letters to the editor aren’t just for newspaper subscribers to read. They give our campaign valuable material to share on our website and social media.
Let’s spread our shared values and vision for Deschutes County!
Here’s what we’re asking: Write a letter to the editor about an issue you care about and your reason for supporting Oliver in November. Here are a few topics that are priorities for Oliver:
- Balancing population growth and the protection of our natural resources and open space.
- Increasing the supply of affordable and workforce housing.Increasing the supply of affordable housing.
- Supporting innovative programs like Healthy Schools to improve the mental and physical health of our youth.
- Protecting access to reproductive health care and family planning services from political interference.
- Preventing wildfire, preserving water, and mitigating the local effects of climate change.
- Promoting public safety by supporting first responders.
We can help you help us! We can connect you with volunteers who can help you write your piece and get it ready to submit.
The most important thing is that you share your reason for supporting Oliver in November.